Here are the 11 reasons a woman can do perfectly well without a man. Whether you're married or single, they're sure to strike a chord.
1. The TV remote control is a device that changes channels — it is not a life-support system. I do not need a man who thinks it is and has to have it prised out of his hands.
2. I like my bathroom sink to be sparkly and clean. I do not need a man to leave foamy bristles all over it.
3. I can cook a meal without using every pot and pan in the kitchen. I don't need a man to turn it into a bombsite.
4. I don't need a man to come home and spend two hours telling me about his day without once asking me about mine.
5. Laundry needs to be done on different wash cycles. I don't need a man to ruin my cashmere by not reading the labels.
6. When I can't do a DIY job, I admit it. I don't need a man to insist he can, then mess it up.
7. When I can't open a tight jar, I stab the lid, release the pressure — and hey presto. No man required.
8. When my clothes feel tight, I know I've gained weight. I don't need a man to point it out, grab rolls or tell me I'm 'so cuddly'.
9. Sometimes it's nice to watch a cheesy, romantic movie at the cinema. I don't need a man to sit next to me, sighing, tutting and muttering 'for God's sake' all the way through.
10. Making a list and sticking to it is the fastest, most efficient way to get around a supermarket. I don't need a man to return home having bought nothing we need and 200 things we don't.
11. They're your family. I don't need a man who needs me to remember the birthdays of his parents, siblings, and nieces and to buy their Christmas presents.