Saturday, 30 May 2015
Wednesday, 20 May 2015
Is it Thunderball? The James Bond film that features Sean Connery using a Jetpack? Whichever Bond film it is, I have wanted a jetpack ever since I saw that scene. Then I saw this and now I really want one. Yves Rossy and Vince Reffet explore the city of Dubai in the most amazing way.
- Yves Rossy Just Flew Over Dubai in a Real Jetpack... Internet Goes Crazy! (industrytap.com)
- Video: Two Men Fly Over Dubai, In Jetpacks (997now.cbslocal.com)
- Jetpack duo soars over Dubai in astonishing 4K video (cultofmac.com)
Saturday, 16 May 2015
I would love a drone to follow me kayaking, climbing or just take some great photographs. This new one called Lily looks perfect. Lily is the world's first throw-and-shoot camera. It lets anyone create cinematic footage previously reserved for professional film-makers. Lily is waterproof, ultra-portable, and shoots stunning HD pictures and videos. Pre-order now at https://www.lily.camera/
- It's A Drone, It's A Camera, It's Lily! (metropolitant.com)
Monday, 11 May 2015
A wonderful random moment on the New York subway. Luckily a talented sax player has is instrument with him when is travelling home and spots another player jamming to the crowd. He very calmly unpacks his saxophone and joins in. Luckily it was caught on several cameras so if you want to see and hear more, click here.
Thursday, 7 May 2015
The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is a remarkable piece of engineering but how about its Lego equivalent. Built by the JK Brickworks, the Large Brick Collider (LBC) can accelerate it's particle (a Lego football) to just over 12.5km/h.
- LHC is active again; proton beams online and firing (slashgear.com)
- The Big Reboot: World's Largest Atom Smasher Back Online (industrytap.com)
- Proton beams are back in the LHC (debatepolitics.com)
Wednesday, 6 May 2015
I'm sure you didn't fail to notice that it was May 4th on Monday which has recently come to be known as Star Wars Day. What better way to celebrate than by watching a Super Star Destroyer shatter in slow-motion? Filmed at 1000fps, it took a a lot longer to build than it did to break.
- A 'Star Wars' LEGO Super Star Destroyer Disintegrating in Slow Motion (laughingsquid.com)
- Smashing an $800 Lego Super Star Destroyer in slo-mo is heart breaking (lego.gizmodo.com)
- Massive LEGO Star Wars ship destroyed in high-def slo-mo (cultofmac.com)
Tuesday, 5 May 2015
Video technology and science converge on an active volcano in Vanuatu, where explorer Sam Cossman operated camera-mounted drones to capture high-definition images of the spectacular yet dangerous Marum Crater. Cossman and his team piloted the drones over the 7.5 mile wide (12km) caldera while confronting toxic gases and boiling lava. Although two drones succumbed to the harsh environment, the team was able to bring back video and photos that will help scientists learn more about the volcano and the life around it.
- Hawaiis Volcanoes (prgnewshawaii.com)
- Volcano Diver: This guy went down into an active volcano (video) (treehugger.com)
- Spectacular Video Captures Chilean Volcano Eruption on Camera (wtvy.com)