antagonist n. 敌手；反对者；反面人物
- Japan was our antagonist in the World War II.
- Brutus is the main character in William Shakespeare's JULIUS CAESAR, and Antony is his antagonist.
antibiotic n. 抗生素
- The antibiotic penicillin stops the growth of bacteria causing pneumonia, tonsillitis, and certain other diseases.
antibody n. 抗体
- When the body is invaded by foreign agents such as bacteria or viruses, the antibodies go to work against them.
antidote n. 解毒剂
- By telephone, the physician prescribed the exact antidote to be given immediately to the poison victim.
antipathy n. 僧恶
- A few of the neighbors have an antipathy to dogs, but most are fond of them.
antiseptic n. 杀菌剂
- The wound was carefully washed; then an antiseptic, tincture of iodine, was applied.
antitoxin n. 抗毒素
- We are injected with diphtheria antitoxin produced in horses because the antitoxin manufactured by our bodies may not be enough to prevent diphtheria.
antonym n. 反义词
- "Temporary" is the antonym of "permanent".