barometer n. 气压计
- When the barometer indicates a rapid drop in air pressure, it means a storm is coming.
chronometer n. 精密的计时器
- Unlike ordinary clocks and watches, chronometers are little affected by temperature changes or vibration.
diameter n. 直径
- Some giant redwood trees measure 325 feet in height and up to 30 feet in diameter.
meter n. 1. 计量器 2. 公尺（米）
- When water meters are installed, it will be easy to tell how much water each home is using.
- A meter is 3.37 inches longer than a yard.
odometer n. （汽车等之）里程表
- All eyes, except the driver's, were fastened on the odometer as it moved from 9, 999.9 to 10,000 miles.
photometer n. 光度侧定器；光度学
- The intensity of a source of light, such as an electric light bulb, can be measured with a photometer.
speedometer n. （汽车等的）速度计
- I advised Dad to slow down as we were in a 30-mile-an-hour zone and his speedometer registered more than 40.
symmetry n. 匀称
- As the planes sped by, we were impressed by the perfect symmetry of their V-formation.